The inability of a person to keep a continuous erection of penis long enough during sexual activity/intercourse is called Erectile Dysfunction (ED). ED is sometimes also called as impotence.
It is not uncommon in men to experience occasional CD since it can occur due to stress or depression. If ED continues for a long period of time, then it is suspected as a health problem, and a proper treatment is recommended.
SYMPTOMS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Some of the common symptoms of ED can be:
- Having trouble in getting an erection
- Difficulties faced during sexual intercourse to keep an erection
- Decrease in sexual desire
- Obtaining erection from time to time
- Premature ejaculation
- Delayed ejaculation
It is imperative for you to contact a doctor if these symptoms prolong for more than 2 months.
CAUSES OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
There can be several causes for ED from physical to emotional disorders. Some of the causes are:
- Use of excessive medication such as antidepressants etc.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Aftermaths of a cancer treatment or surgery
- Neurogenic disorders
- Psychological disorders that can be stress, performance anxiety, depression, mental disorders, etc.
- Result of an injury
- Obesity or other overweight issues
- Smoking (one of the major causes of ED since it promotes arterial narrowing (the artery walls thickens in this disease due to the accumulation of white blood cells)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Kidney failure
There can be other causes too, and it is best that you contact your doctor and get the best treatment on time.
REASONS FOR AN ERECTION
The blood flow increases into the penis and fills into two chambers inside the penis, resulting in a penis erection. The blood flows through the penile arteries, and if they are weak or damaged as a result of any causes mentioned above, the penile arteries do not open properly. As a result of less blood flow, there is decreased erection which is called as erectile dysfunction.
DIAGNOSES OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
The doctors normally ask for symptoms, blood test, urine test, and health history. The doctors do several tests to determine the exact cause of ED. There are several tests that are conducted to determine the reasons behind ED such as:
- Duplex ultrasound
- Penile Biothesiometry
- Nocturnal penile tumescence (NPT)
- Dynamic infusion cavernosometry (DICC)
- Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- And other techniques and tests
TREATMENTS OF ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
The treatment depends on the causes and only a doctor can tell which treatment is preferable. It is best that you contact your doctor and have a full treatment after the problem is diagnosed. For smokers, reduction in smoking (cessation) has yielded results of improvement. Though it is still under research, exercising is also beneficial in the treatment of ED.There are some medications that are helpful in the treatment of ED. Many patients have used Kamagra Jelly and results have been quite successful.
TIPS TO AVOID ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION
Some of the best ways to prevent ED are:
- Quit smoking
- Reduce the weight
- Stop or at least decrease drinking
- Eat healthy
- Avoid taking medication
- Get good sleep
- Go talk therapies to reduce anxiety and depression
All in all, it can be said that ED can be prevented and treated, but it is imperative that you take precautionary measures to ensure that yoursex life is healthy.