What Is Somatropin?
Somatropin is form of human growth hormone. It is important for the growth of bones and muscles.Somatropin used to treat growth failure in children and adults who lack the natural growth hormoneSomatropinis also used to prevent severe weight loss in people with AIDS, or to treat short bowel syndrome. You can find somatropin in two types, injections and oral forms.
TheMedication Guide of Somatropin
Somatropin should not be used if you are allergic to it, or if you have:
- A serious illness due to lung failure or complications of recent surgery, injury or trauma;
- Eye problems due to diabetes;
- If you are a cure for Prader-Willie syndrome, overweight or severe breathing problems (including sleep apnea).
To ensure a safe Somatropin for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- The pituitary gland disorder;
- Curvature of the spine (scoliosis);
- Thyroid gland;
- A history of head injury or brain tumor;
- History of brain cancer therapy and radiation.
- You are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment.
- Breast feeding a baby.
The side effects are rarely, but for only for some people. Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Common side effects may include:
- Swelling, rapid weight gain;
- Muscle or joint pain;
- Pain, itching or skin changes where it was injected.
Call your doctor if you have:
- Vision changes with the sudden pain and deep behind the eyes, nausea or vomiting;
- Pain in the knees or thighs, or walking with a limp;
- Ear pain and swelling, warmth, or sanitation;
- Numbness or tingling in the wrist, hand, or fingers;
- Severe pain in the upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, rapid heart rate;
- High blood sugar-increased thirst, increased urination, hunger, dry mouth, breath smell fruits, drowsiness, dry skin, blurred vision, weight loss.
It is different dosage of injections and oral forms of Somatropin,and how often you give will depend on what you are treated,so make sure you read the prescriptions. Do not use this medication in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended.
Care provider will show you the best places on your body for Somatropin injection. Use a different place every time you give an injection. Do not inject in the same place twice in a row.
Never shake the medicine bottle or you might ruin in medicine. Prepare your dose unless you are willing to give a shot. Do not use if color changed medicine or particles in it. Call the pharmacist about new drugs.
Use disposable needles and syringes only once. Follow any State or local laws on disposing of used needles and syringes. While using Somatropinn, you may need to repeat blood tests, submit your growth often, and also checked your eyes.
Ask your pharmacist if you have any questions about the proper storage of the medication.